FORUMS: list search recent posts

unstable pixels after applying Keylight 2.0 in FCP7...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Natteau
unstable pixels after applying Keylight 2.0 in FCP7...
on Sep 17, 2011 at 1:11:37 pm

I'm getting these unstable pixels around the edge of my chair and the rim of my head after applying Keylight 2.0? I don't understand because after tweaking my matte the black and white areas are both clean.

It's not apparent on the embedded file but you need to download the full size 1920x1080 clip and you'll see the problem.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: unstable pixels after applying Keylight 2.0 in FCP7...
on Sep 17, 2011 at 3:52:10 pm

in what format was your footage shot? xdcam perhaps?

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 17, 2011 at 8:37:51 pm

Hi Jerry. It's AF100 AVCHD footage.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Sep 18, 2011 at 5:57:39 pm

what i see is what i call mpeg sizzle around the chair. i get this on every green screen when i am given xdcam footage. in the canvas go to 400% and pan over to the chair edge. disable keylight and step thru frame by frame and see if you can see changes in the edge with every frame you advance. i'm not familiar with AF100 AVCHD footage but if you have "sizzle" then there might be a compression issue.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 18, 2011 at 7:14:07 pm

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your continued help. I just did what you said and saw no sizzle in the original green screen footage. This problem occurs only after applying Keylight. Still trying to figure out how to tweak my Keylight settings to minimize this.

What Keylight settings do you yourself tweak to minimize the sizzling pixels around the edge?

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Sep 19, 2011 at 3:23:47 am

in keylight under "screen matte" make sure to select "source" in the screen replace tab.
i never get rid of sizzle ever...you cant get rid of it. for most green screen keying i use dvGarage "dvmatte pro" its pretty quick and easy to pull a decent key.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Sep 19, 2011 at 3:28:01 am

send me a high resolution still of your problem green screen and i'll check it out. jerryw@ktvt.com

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:03:25 am

Hi Jerry,

I just did another test. Would very much like to know how I can improve my key. Would you mind just looking at this quick test (44 seconds) and please tell me what I can do to improve my results:

Keylight 2.0 Test

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:05:10 am

Hi Jerry,

I just did another test. Would very much like to know how I can improve my key. Would you mind just looking at this quick test (44 seconds) and please tell me what I can do to improve my results:

Keylight 2.0 Test

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:06:25 am

Please view second link. I made a mistake in the first link I just posted, thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:21:56 am

What are your sequence settings? Pixelation may be due to your render settings and sequence codec choice.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:35:17 am

Hi Michael,

My sequence codec is Apple ProRes 1080p24 (shot in AVCHD 1080p24 on a Panasonic AF100).
Then "Export using Quicktime Conversion" at Best Quality (H.264) to upload to Vimeo.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:40:45 am

If you are seeing pixelation in the ProRes file that isn't part of the foreground image or the green screen image then that is surprising. I would do a test using the green screen keyer in Motion to see if it does a better job. If it is the same then the suspect is source footage.

A better approach for H264 is to export a quicktime movie (self contained current settings) and do the vimeo speced H264 in Compressor.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Natteau
on Sep 22, 2011 at 3:38:14 pm

Hi Michael,

Just did a number of tests in Motion 5 and I must say I'm amazed at Motion 5's built-in chromakeyer. I'm getting even better results than I ever did with Keylight 2.0, with only a couple clicks. I'll be posting my latest test later today. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Nick Natteau
on Sep 24, 2011 at 5:00:13 pm

Hi Michael,

Regarding my continuing issue with noisy pixels around the rim of my Keylight 2.0 composite, I uploaded a short (3 second) clip for you here:

NOISY PIXELS

Can you just tinker with it and tell me what you recommend?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]