FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 to ProRes - Swapping clips in an already built sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curt Sackett
H.264 to ProRes - Swapping clips in an already built sequence
on Sep 16, 2011 at 7:51:53 pm

I took over a project that was editing H.264 clips. I used Media Manager to create Apple ProRes422(Proxy) clips from the H.264 clips. Now I have a sequence that has the old H.264 clips, and want to swap them out or reconnect for the new ProRes clips.

Is this possible, without overcutting each clip.

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: H.264 to ProRes - Swapping clips in an already built sequence
on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:20:00 pm

Two ways:
1) Just open up the project Media Manager created.

2) Open Compressor. Make a new Destination that is where your H.264 media is located. Make a folder inside the folder your source media lives. Call it H.264 or something like that. Move your original media into that folder - breaking Final Cut's connections with that media. Return to Compressor and open the preferences. Make the default Setting Formats -> Quicktime -> ProRes422 (LT) and the default destination the destination that you created. Submit the job. When Compressor finishes open Final Cut. Because you moved the original media into a folder it will tell you media is offline. Reconnect to the transcoded media.

Return to posts index

Curt Sackett
Re: H.264 to ProRes - Swapping clips in an already built sequence
on Sep 16, 2011 at 9:35:35 pm

Thanks for the help. I broke the connection in the Finder by moving the clips into a new folder. Then I replaced the H.264 clips with the new ProRes clips in the the folder. Opened FCP and reconnected the clips with the new ProRes clips (having the same names and located in the same folder). Now I got the clips I can work with. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]