FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to import Sony HVR-A1U footage to final cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Jones
Trying to import Sony HVR-A1U footage to final cut
on Sep 16, 2011 at 7:03:57 pm

Here's what I've got going on. I'm using a 9 pin firewire cable attached to my camera to import footage in to Final Cut. I've done it before, but someone in my office messed with my settings and I'm still so new to the game I'm having a hard time getting it to work. I've messed with the easy set up and got final cut to control the camera, but no luck capturing the footage or even getting the footage to display on the screen. I'm so turned around now, I have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Trying to import Sony HVR-A1U footage to final cut
on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:28:31 pm

Set the easy setup for HDV. Match the frame size and rate you shot from that list. Try that...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Trying to import Sony HVR-A1U footage to final cut
on Sep 17, 2011 at 8:42:43 am

One thought, I don't know the A1, but the Z1 has a menu switch to downconvert from HDV to DV on the firewire link - that would cause a mis-match that would stop the digitising from working properly. Does the A1 have a similar facility? If so, that's something to check.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]