FORUMS: list search recent posts

water transition better than standard ripple?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
water transition better than standard ripple?
on Sep 14, 2011 at 12:19:17 pm

I'm looking for a water transition better than standard "ripple." Ripple even if tweeked seems too heavy for what I'm going for. As I said in an earlier post I'd really like to do this in native in FCP(*see below). Yes I'll buy a good 3rd party plug-in but hopefully not an expensive suite.

Also happy to play with displacement maps since I have some decent "seed" water clips. When I use Distort -> Displace - am I right in thinking the displacement driver can only be an image, not a moving clip? I did look at Motion, but sorry given the sentiment below, I was only reinforced in my resistance of app creep.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best,

Paul

*I have to share the job with a shooter/editor and don't think he does Motion. Also with all the clouds surrounding FCP's (Motion?) future I'm loathe to go down the path of trying to learn Motion (esp if there is a FCPnative alternative). At the end of the day I'm primarily an Avid-AE guy who has in the past, been overextended re. the # of apps in my toolkit.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: water transition better than standard ripple?
on Sep 14, 2011 at 1:42:41 pm

All you have to do is search for FCP ripple plug in. See what fits your needs and budget.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: water transition better than standard ripple?
on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:21:08 pm

Yes I had Googled that a bunch, to little avail. Just did it again. You get little other than Alex's free ripple transition, that while better than the standard, it has a very hard edge that I don't like. cgm has a slightly better version that's part of a bundle of 33 filters for $184. If the ripple was perfect I might buy it but... while the ripples are softer in the middle of the transition, they start out hard in spite of adjusting the blur radius.

Maybe displacement with a moov is the way to go, but I need help with that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]