FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDR look anywhere?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Beeson
HDR look anywhere?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 7:14:24 pm

Any HDR look effect to use on FCP 7 available from a plugin vendor? I know we can fake the look with various video layers, composite mode tricks, but just wondered if something like MB Looks or anybody else has a plugin?

K

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: HDR look anywhere?
on Sep 13, 2011 at 9:37:38 pm

Doubtful. The whole point of HDR is to preserve image detail in both highlight and shadow.

Does your original image contain unseen image detail in both highlight and shadow that can be enhanced to simulate HDR? Do you have two or more identical shots with the exposure set to record detail in highlights, shadows and midrange?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:50:22 am

No, I don't have the series of identical shots you're talking about...but I saw a tut on how to achieve a decent HDR look - not bad, but not the best...was just thinking maybe there was a plugin by now...but maybe I'll fiddle and see.

Thanks

K
http://www.effectivevideo.net

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:31:03 pm

I hear what you're saying, but any plugin would need to have information in the image at both extremes of an exposure in order to make those details visible. If the information isn't present, a plugin wouldn't have anything to work on.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:44:43 pm

True, I was just curious...I might try to use the fake look and see what results are...thanks

Thanks

K
http://www.effectivevideo.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]