FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost power now can't transfer files =[

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sasha waters
Lost power now can't transfer files =[
on Sep 10, 2011 at 11:11:33 pm

Im using a Canon Vixia-HFS-10.

I was transferring files when I lost power. The only thing that actually shut-off was my external drive. My laptop remained on as well as my camera because of the batteries. I'm aware that when transferring video the power supply must be connected for the process to start.

Now I cant seem to use FCP's "log and transfer" to transfer the files from my camera. In the "qeued clip" section under "status" a red stop sign with an exclamation point is displayed with a message that reads "error: no data". I'm quite sure the files aren't corrupted because I can still view them in the camera. I can also view them in the "Log and Transfer" preview window.

I know I can take the .MTS files and convert them to .MOV but I already have half of them finished with FCP. So far I have deleted the project but not the capture scratch, this kept "Log and Transfer" from recognizing which clips I had already transfered however under status there was no change.

PLEASE HEEEEEEELPPP!!!!!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Lost power now can't transfer files =[
on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:26:46 am

Start your project over and re-transfer.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

sasha waters
on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:39:21 am

Thanks, but are you joking? Thats the first thing I tried..

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 12, 2011 at 10:48:15 pm

I'd move the already-captured files out of the capture scratch. It would appear that FCP adds information to those files at the end of Log & Transfer, but I don't know what it would be.

Since you're starting over from the beginning, it can't hurt to give it a try.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

sasha waters
on Sep 13, 2011 at 11:26:01 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried but no luck, I still get the same error message in. I'm puzzled as to why I can still view the clips on the camera and in the preview window of "Log and Transfer"?

Do you know of any cheap/free programs that'll convert .MTS files to .MOV? Thats my next plan. I have already taken the files off the camera and have them on an external drive.

Return to posts index

sasha waters
on Sep 14, 2011 at 1:36:54 am

I made room on another external drive. I started the transfer of the remaining clips on this one and so far there seem to be no issues. I figured I'd try another drive since that was the only piece of equipment that actually lost power during the transfer. Like you mentioned about the data that is created when transferring, I think the switching of the drives countered that.

Still, if you know of any conversion programs please pass it on as I have other clips to convert.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]