FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phantom > ProRes 422(HQ) best workflow? Speed/Compression

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Paul
Phantom > ProRes 422(HQ) best workflow? Speed/Compression
on Sep 8, 2011 at 8:12:35 pm

I've just received Phantom footage to cut a music video. The footage was all converted to ProRes 422 HQ.

I have no problem working with it in FCP but I'm wondering whats the best route for making speed changes. This is the first time I've worked with Phantom footage. I used twixtor on a short clip just to see how it would work. Worked fine but took forever to render. Would you guys recommend taking the sections I want to have variable speeds into AE and then back to FCP?

Also, what do you recommend using to back and forth between FCP and AE? I don't have AutomaticDuck but I also dont want to keep exporting, risking quality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-AP

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Phantom > ProRes 422(HQ) best workflow? Speed/Compression
on Sep 8, 2011 at 8:33:12 pm

THe phantom footage is ProRes...but already super slow, no? If it is already slow, then just CMD-J to speed it up to normal speed when you want to do speed ramps.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 8, 2011 at 11:06:04 pm

[Shane Ross] "THe phantom footage is ProRes...but already super slow, no? If it is already slow, then just CMD-J to speed it up to normal speed when you want to do speed ramps."
Right what Shane wrote..
And as long as you will be speeding up the footage, uncheck "Frame blending".
No frames to blend, just to drop.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Paul
on Sep 10, 2011 at 11:53:51 pm

Thanks for the responses.

Quick question, is there a way to have Frame Blending defaulted to be unchecked whenever I am in the Change Speed window? It's not that big of a deal but since I am doing it so much I'm afraid I may forget.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2011 at 11:20:43 am

[Andrew Paul] "Quick question, is there a way to have Frame Blending defaulted to be unchecked whenever I am in the Change Speed window?"
I don't think so.
What you can do is, before starting to adjust speed changes, select the stuff on your time-line and Change Speed > Uncheck Frame blending for all the stuff.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]