FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp7 suddenly wants to render text and its slooow!?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Fcp7 suddenly wants to render text and its slooow!?!
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:08:22 pm

Hi I have been using finalcut since version 5 and I have never had this problem.

I transfered 30min footage from p2 cards and ingested them to fcp7. Then I did the first cut. After that I started to take in some text using fcp's own text tool (just plain text) after half movie fcp suddenly wants to render where I put in new text. Not the one i just put in but new added texts. At the beginning I manage to move it up and down a layer and the "render status line" turned green again instead of yellow. But then after a while this "technic" was not successful anymore.

Since this was just a memmo with instructions from a client meting i did use a small drive for this and its only 2-3 gigs left on it. But I don't think it has to do with that. I can always free up space if I need it on that drive but the cut is ready and I will export to another drive.

The project only have 4 layers of visuals. 2 used for video and 2 for graphic. It its always one layer of video and two layers of text.

I checked the sequence settings and it was set as it should with dvcpro hd 1080p but It was set to 10bit instead of 8bit so I changed it to 8. Don't need 10 for this project. I wonder why it did use 10bit when it should have sensed the clips only has 8bit. Does that stick from the previous project that I haved open? since that was 10bit.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Fcp7 suddenly wants to render text and its slooow!?!
on Sep 8, 2011 at 5:01:57 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "I checked the sequence settings and it was set as it should with dvcpro hd 1080p but It was set to 10bit instead of 8bit so I changed it to 8... Does that stick from the previous project that I haved open?"

What happens when you make a new sequence and simply drag one of your 1080 DVCPro HD clips into the sequence? If it asks if you want to change the sequence to match the clip, what does it change to?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Sep 9, 2011 at 6:32:19 am

Hi Dave, if I create a new sequence and simply drag one of your 1080 DVCPro HD clips into the sequence. It sure want to change the sequence to match the clip.
Then I get this settings:
http://www.joelarvidsson.com/autosettings.jpg

I think it's odd it choose the 10bit, before it always choosed 8bit YUV. Usually I choose 10bit when working with prores hq or change it right before final output.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Sep 9, 2011 at 6:57:23 am

Also i tried putting in text int the new sequence after changing it to 8bit yuv. When I created the text I got the orange renderbar but it disappeared after moving the text up and down in layers a couple of times. Seams like some weird bug? After the line disappeared i stack three text layers on-top of the dvcpro hd clip without having to render. But as soon as I put on a fourth the rendersbars showed up again. Then I undo that fourth layer and keep the three text layers and ad an extra layer "dvcpro hd" layer. Still no problem.

Then I copy this section and start to paste it and after some paste'ing I start to get the renderbars again. The renderbar does show upp on all clip but after a certain time in timeline and continues.

If I copy only one text layer and paste it at the end I get renderbar. But copying one early text layer in timeline before the renderbar/lines starts it shows up fine.

This must be a bug. Should I trash the pref file to get rid of this? I have not done that in years.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 9, 2011 at 2:52:59 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "Should I trash the pref file to get rid of this? I have not done that in years."

Oh, absolutely. I would also recommend running the Mac OS Disk Utility to repair permissions and to reveal and fix anything else that may be amiss.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]