FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 crashes while launching

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ansley
FCP 7 crashes while launching
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:43:16 am

Been rocking along with Lion and FCP7 no problem. All of a sudden, FCP no longer launches today - starts but crashes. Motion 4, is fine. I have no clue, the only thing that's different today is that I was cleaning up a full hard drive and deleted scads of render files, and old projects. I just assumed I would have to re-render anything I needed. It is possible it is trying to open a project that has been deleted, I'm not sure. Can't find preference files like older versions of FCP. I'm terrified because I lost my Studio 3 upgrade disks in a move recently, and I'm not keen on FCPX. Disk utility reports all is fine. Before invoking Time Machine, wanted to ask for any thoughts. Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Lauri Ahonen
Re: FCP 7 crashes while launching
on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:52:28 pm

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1846

Usually deleting the preferences file (make a copy just to make sure) helps.

M.D. Lauri Ahonen
Electronics and video processing enthusiast

Return to posts index

Robert Ansley
on Sep 8, 2011 at 1:20:27 pm

Yep, but the problem is I can't find a plist file for FCP. Found one for Studio but deleting that only required re-registering the software. Doesn't seem to be a com.apple.FCP etc. There was one other change - nvidia prompted me to update my CUDA driver, which I did.

Return to posts index

Robert Ansley
on Sep 8, 2011 at 6:17:26 pm

I'd like to add that I realize I've given next to no details. I was just hoping someone has had experiences with either Cuda drivers, or deleting projects and render files which caused issues. I'm going to reboot with command-R and restore to a point several days ago and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Robert Ansley
on Sep 9, 2011 at 12:23:12 am

OK, so there's this episode of Dexter's Laboratory where he tells DeeDee "you are stupid, you are stupid, and don't forget....you are stupid." I found the *user* preferences file, trashed that and all is fine. Wish I could delete the entire thread :O

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]