FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR/GoPro Ramped

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brady McCloskey
DSLR/GoPro Ramped
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:01:37 am

Hey Everyone,
I am having trouble in FCP, specifically right now, with my GoPro HD Hero camera. I have watched so many workflows on GoPro slow motion, yet I am still having problems. I want to have a smooth slow motion with my clips, but ramped.(Ramped meaning a normal speed clip, but progressively gets slower quickly during the trick.) The reason i would like a smooth ramped slow motion is because i am in the process of editing a skateboard video. It just becomes very blurry, and tends to skip frequently. Can anyone help me out? Any suggestions would help, specifically GoPro settings for FCP, and an in-depth "how-to" on achieving my desired effect. If any know how to ramp smoothly ramp slow motion with A DSLR, it would help a ton as I have both a DSLR and GoPro, and they are also very similar.

Thank you all,
Brady

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: DSLR/GoPro Ramped
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:24:54 am

Have you tried Motion for speed ramping?

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Sep 8, 2011 at 5:11:30 pm

In order to have really good slow motion make sure you have a lot of light, this way you can keep the shutter open as wide as possible which reduces motion blur.

You also need to shoot at a very high frame rate, Go Pro's highest frame rate is 60fps I think. Bring the 60fps clip into Cinema Tools and conform it to 24fps, this will slow it down to less than half speed. After that, bring it into Final Cut and you can apply any speed changes to it that you'd like.

Return to posts index

Brady McCloskey
on Sep 9, 2011 at 12:43:40 am

Thank you,i hope i don't get any problems as they always seem to occur while using FCP. I guess it's just my luck :/

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:32:32 am

I think GoPro shoots H.264 - have you converted to ProRes for starters?

You describe that "it just becomes blurry and tends to skip frequently." This simply sounds like unrendered video and unlimited RT to me. After you make your speed change what colour is the render bar above the clip? Bright green? Orange? If it is either of these colours you need to render. Hit butterfly+R or option+R.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]