FORUMS: list search recent posts

"no movie in file"/out of memory - Emergency!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Austin
"no movie in file"/out of memory - Emergency!
on Sep 7, 2011 at 10:01:26 pm

Uggh. I was working on an elaborate slideshow, saving often. Jpegs on V2, above stock video on V1. All rendered.

Coming back to the project a few days later, NONE of the archived versions will open. When I click on the sequence, I get the message, "no movie in file" & then "Error: out of memory." Wazuup with that???? (Other projects open up just fine.)

I have 5 gigs of RAM, 100 gigs or storage. Performed a Disc Utility Permissions repair, Disc Warrior sweep, trashed prefs, ran FCS Maintainence Pack, & rebooted... to no avail.

Client needs the movie yesterday!!! Anyone have an idea of what next step to take, outside of starting from scratch? THANKS GANG!

Quad Core, 5 gigs RAM, 2.66 GHz, Bus 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
FCP 7, updated software

THANKS!

"In modern action films, the only people who work up a sweat are the editors." -- Roger Ebert

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: "no movie in file"/out of memory - Emergency!
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:14:05 am

Where you using reference quictimes rather than self contained and if so did you delete or move anything?

If you did use reference quicktimes, the original files that were being referenced will need to be put back on the same drive in the same folders.

Return to posts index

Steven Austin
Re: "no movie in file"/out of memory - Emergency!
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:27:24 am

All /.movs are self-contained. What I don't understand is that the sequence does not load.

It's not like a "media offline" situation at all, where the sequence opens in the timeline -- but the files are not connected. That's an easy fix.

Clicking on the sequence just prompts "no movie in file"/out of memory.
I have a bunch of render files cached which I can use for reference, but hardly a render file for each still. Maybe I have 50 out of 200....

"In modern action films, the only people who work up a sweat are the editors." -- Roger Ebert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]