FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestions on attaching Releases to Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Rodriguez
Suggestions on attaching Releases to Clips
on Sep 7, 2011 at 8:30:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any editors working on reality TV could help me with this issue.

We are working on a reality show that has a lot of interaction with people that are not main talent. We get hours of footage daily and about 70 percent of the people get released. Once the releases and the media makes its way back to me I want to attach metadata to each clip that would tell editors who they can and can not use. Also who needs to be blurred. (At least this is the task that has been handed to me by producers)

I started attaching the metadata as I logged and transferred the media. We are shooting on EX1 by the way. However this info only lives with the FCP project; not the clip. Is there a way to attach metadata to the clip itself?

I know FC Server would fix this issue but it is slow and unreliable at our facility. We are too deep in this now to go that route. Is there another way? Has someone worked with this issue before that could suggest something?

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Roberto

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Suggestions on attaching Releases to Clips
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:12:30 am

Roberto,

You can't get there from here!

While your intentions are laudable, practically speaking, there is NO easy way to do this.
I would suggest waiting until later in the editorial process when the amount of material you
need to deal with is much, much less.

Simply tagging a clip "do not use" will NOT prevent an editor from using it. There are plenty of
reasons for this which I'm sure you can think of. Therefore, a better use of your time would be
to jump in on the first cut and at that point thoroughly comb identify the "do not use" clips for
changing or blurring.

Good luck.
mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]