FORUMS: list search recent posts

Funky ProRes 4444 issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jussi Buckbee
Funky ProRes 4444 issue
on Sep 7, 2011 at 8:18:58 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a project that involves ProRes 1080i50 base material. The project has ProRes4444 grafx boxes and such with alpha (straight). Now, when I apply such a 4444 clip on the timeline (seq. settings based on the clip), add text, adjust the 4444 box size a bit (distort -20, transparency to 90%, some basic motion for the right position), all is fine. Then, I return to it later (have rendered it, yes), and 2-click on the 4444 clip to open it on the viewer, the viewer screen turns all green. Sometimes, I get a very funky 80s style mosaic consisting of ex. three distorted and very strangely colored images of THE CLIP BELOW THE 4444 clip.

I've done the basic remedial sacrifices i.e. trashing and rebooting diskutilitizing etc. I've tried even TWO different Osx's (SL & Lion). And no, I haven't taken any hallucinatory preservatives.

I'm running a farely new 8-core MacPro w/ Ati 5870, 12GB RAM, 3TB internal Sata Raid, and Aja Kona LHe.

Anybody up for a ride?

br...jb

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Funky ProRes 4444 issue
on Sep 7, 2011 at 9:23:15 pm

I've heard of that happening before.

If you DON'T futz with scale or opacity, everything is fine. Thus, you adjust things as you need them in a different application -- Motion, for example -- and render out a new movie as needed so you don't have to tweak it in FCP.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jussi Buckbee
Re: Funky ProRes 4444 issue
on Sep 7, 2011 at 10:23:12 pm

Hi Dave,

As I received the files from a 3rd party, I went ahead and did just that.
I exported the files out of Motion and they were just fine. I was really curious to
find out if there were others with similar problems.

Oh well, the economy hasn't crashed yet and FCSP is still working, so all is well.
Right...?

Thanks for your input.

brrrrrr...jb

JBuckbee - Finland - PAL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]