FORUMS: list search recent posts

Laying off to DV (DSR-80p) via Matrox MX02 - No SDI audio and Unable to lock to Servo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gallani
Laying off to DV (DSR-80p) via Matrox MX02 - No SDI audio and Unable to lock to Servo
on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:11:49 pm

Hi all,

I'm having no end of troubles with my latest project.

I'm trying to assemble edit to a DSR 80p using SDI video and audio, RS422 and a ref from a black and burst that goes to the deck and the matrox.

The first problem is that there's no SDI audio, but the video light stays solid. Someone on a forum had mentioned that it might be that " if your audio mapping is set to 8 (FCP's default setting), then you are probably not getting audio. Set Audio Mapping to 2"

I'm unable to check until tomorrow night but does this sound right to anyone or has anyone any other thoughts?

When I use analogue audio, and assemble edit, the deck prerolls (5sec) and when it starts to record, it stops straight away and then says "unable to lock to servo".
Again, on a forum I've seen this:
"In this case you might have a reference loop. This can happen if you connect the output of the Kona to the deck, and the output of the deck to the Kona. If your deck is set to input ref, it can sometimes have a reference loop, and the servo will not lock before the in point."

I'm not using a Kona card but could this be my problem to? I can't find out how to choose internal ref on the deck - in fact the only ref option I can find is "Sync Green On/Off". Mine is off.

Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm so so stuck.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Laying off to DV (DSR-80p) via Matrox MX02 - No SDI audio and Unable to lock to Servo
on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:27:13 pm

IN the Matrox system Preference pane, do you have audio set to SDI out?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (get the latest ones), if this behavior persists. It should work.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Gallani
Re: Laying off to DV (DSR-80p) via Matrox MX02 - No SDI audio and Unable to lock to Servo
on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:49:14 pm

There is no such option in my Matrox preferences. Only whether I want to map audio or not.
It does however have the option to map SDI 9/10 (or similar) to 1/2. Which I know is there but haven't actually tried. What audio config is used when you chose not to map audio.

I've reinstalled driver and even tried rolling back to an earlier version is this has only been happening since I moved the hardware to another system, had to reinstall firmware, and then moved it back again, reinstalling firmware again.

I'm just not sure if it's that or my settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]