FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export HD Feature Length Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Fishback
Export HD Feature Length Settings
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:49:41 pm

Thanks in advance for re-answering this question. I am sure it is elsewhere, but I can't find it and it should be a quick answer.

A feature film I worked on was selected for a festival and the feastival wants an HD version, either .mov or mpeg4 uploaded onto there server so they can play an HD quality video.

What should my export settings be? They have a DVD version of the movie and could play that, but why go standard when you can go HD right?

1920x1080 HDTV 1080i(16x9)
Square aspect ratio
Prores 422 (HQ)

Roughly 75 minutes in length.

Hopefully this should be an easier one for you scholars out there!

Thanks again in advance

Jay

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export HD Feature Length Settings
on Sep 7, 2011 at 5:08:03 pm

Did the festival give you any quicktime codec specs? Simply referring to it as ".mov" is very nebulous.

If you don't have codec specs, you could always upload the ProRes HQ version and let them deal with it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Sep 7, 2011 at 5:30:26 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "If you don't have codec specs, you could always upload the ProRes HQ version and let them deal with it."

A 75-minute 1080i ProRes HQ file is around 140GB. I don't think he's going to be uploading that anywhere - more likely, he'd be shipping them a hard drive.

Return to posts index

Jay Fishback
on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:29:10 pm

No unfortunately they did not... Just said what there system can support so I imagine it would be whatever codec works best. I don't want to over board there system with a huge file and I also don't want to compress it to under DVD quality...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:38:32 pm

In that's the case, it's tough to beat good ol' ProRes 422 for reasonable file size and excellent image quality.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Jay Fishback
on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:28:42 pm

Thanks Dave! In case you were wondering it turned out to be just shy of 100 gigs! Looks great tho! Now they resent out their 720 size restriction and no 1080. ugh doing it all over agian :)

I now have an audio issue which i will be posting it up on a new thread but thought I would give ya a shot since you are always on top of the ball answering questions anyway.

There is a point where the audio goes funky... Just a loud white noise... it doesn't come through in the DVD version... just the exported h.264 file and the exported 422 file. Something you have encountered?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:47:45 pm

I already answered it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]