FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP SD to HD (vs Avid)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Duffy
FCP SD to HD (vs Avid)
on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:04:58 am

Hi,

The company I currently work for is planning a move to HD content. Currently using FCP 7.
Would you invest further in FCP considering FCPX debacle? I'm thinking...no way...but want to be open to hearing different opinions.

If we were to stay with FCP....
We currently use Apple monitors and BlackMagic HD cards. Digibeta and beta sp decks. What upgrades would be needed for this transition to HD?

Thanks in advance for any replies....

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: FCP SD to HD (vs Avid)
on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:26:26 am

[James Duffy] "If we were to stay with FCP....
We currently use Apple monitors and BlackMagic HD cards. Digibeta and beta sp decks. What upgrades would be needed for this transition to HD?"

Currently neither FCP X nor Avid can use Blackmagic hardware. That may change (for both) by the end of the year. Wait for more info.

FCPX, as it is currently constituted, is not well suited for tape based workflow, though you can ingest and and output using Blackmagic Media Express 3.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 7, 2011 at 1:02:09 am

You already have FCP 7, and Blackmagic HD cards. And Apple monitors to look at your computer interface. All you need now are HD broadcast monitors...and any HD decks that you might need to capture from or output to. But you can rent those.

So really just the HD broadcast monitor. Oh, and decent fast drives. Firewire might be OK for ProRes, but you should look at eSATA or Mini SAS or GigE Ethernet...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James Duffy
on Sep 7, 2011 at 10:25:56 pm

Thanks for the input guys...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]