FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor is reading 24 bit audio from FCP as 16 bit.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elias Sidney Blood
Compressor is reading 24 bit audio from FCP as 16 bit.
on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:40:49 am

Hello, thanks in advance for looking into this.

First off here are my settings:

Video- QuickTime 1920 x 1080 pro res 4444
Audio- 48k / 24 bit stereo
Compressor version: 3.5.3

Here's the issue I'm having:

Whether I go through FCP and "send to compressor" straight from my timeline or drop my pro res exported QuickTime into compressor I have the same result; the "Dolby digital for blu ray ac3" audio file I'd like to compress my audio to reads as though it will encode it as 16 bit, not 24 bit. To clarify, when the QuickTime is highlighted, the "A/V attributes" window in the inspector properly reads my QuickTime file as having 24 bit audio, however, when the Dolby setting is highlighted, the inspector "summary" window reads as having it to be encoded as 16 bit.

Does anyone have any advice on how to retain my native 24 bit audio when compressing to a Dolby digital for blu ray ac3 file? Could this be a software update issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Elias

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Compressor is reading 24 bit audio from FCP as 16 bit.
on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:04:30 pm

Hi Elias,
By default, FCP sequences are 16 bits.
Open the sequence settings and change to 16b before sending to Compressor.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Elias Sidney Blood
on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:28:35 pm

Thanks Rafael, but I don't believe this will solve my problem, and I'm a little confused. See, I've already configured my sequence settings to run 24 bit audio to match my native audio files, but when I "send to compressor" it reads my 24 bit timeline/audio as 16 bit.

If I export a quicktime from FCP and then bring that into compressor it reads my audio as it properly should, 24 bit.

My main question is, how to do I get compressor to read my audio bit rate correctly using the "send to compressor" feature in FCP?

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Elias Sidney Blood
on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:36:43 pm

Hi again, Rafael.

I apologize, I misspoke slightly in that last response. Compressor doesn't read my quicktime as having 24 bit audio either.

However, I'm positive my project is in 24 bit because FCP reads my native audio as 24 bit, my timeline is in 24 bit, and my exported quicktime reads as 24 bit.

Only compressor reads it as 16 bit.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 7, 2011 at 1:07:14 am

Hi Elias,
You have touched an FCP"s "dark area".
What is really sent to Compressor?

When you "Sent to Compressor", FC renders and send you full 444 Uncompressed video, with the Color Space and bit-depth set in the Sequence Settings (Video Processing tab).
The footage codec and properties, and the sequence codec are override; do not play any role here.

About audio, there is not any apparent way to override the Sequence Settings.
This seems a bug.

Next I'll post you a very easy and fat solution, but, sorry, I'm running out batteries and no charger.
rafael

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 7, 2011 at 1:12:08 am

[Elias Sidney Blood] "when the Dolby setting is highlighted, the inspector "summary" window reads as having it to be encoded as 16 bit. "
Sorry.
I've haven't read this properly.
The standard for Blue-ray audio, is 16b. Not 24b supported.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]