FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conversion problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Howard Bernstein
Conversion problems
on Sep 5, 2011 at 5:18:05 pm

I have a three camera shoot. 1920 x 1080 mts and two 1440 x 1080 avchd. I imported all the footage, and because I want to do a multiclip, I want to convert all the clips to prores422 1920x1080. I tried using aunsoft video converter for mac, but the audio and video are out of sync in the resulting quicktime file. What alternatives might there be for the conversion, what might I be doing wrong in the video converter, or what might I do to fix the sync in the resulting file?

Thanks

Howie

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Conversion problems
on Sep 5, 2011 at 5:33:11 pm

Use Compressor.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Howard Bernstein
on Sep 5, 2011 at 6:09:32 pm

Could I have a little hint about compressor? I couldn't find a conversion for my source files that would allow a change in resolution. What am I doing wrong?

I should be more specific - full disclosure... The item props for these two other angles shows a pixel aspect ratio of 1440x1080, and multiclip doesn't like it. Everything is already prores 422. (I think I did the original conversion with a trial of premiere, but didn't do the pixel aspect right? I've been banging my head so long I'm not sure what came first anymore.

Thanks,

Howie

Return to posts index

Howard Bernstein
on Sep 5, 2011 at 6:16:17 pm

Hmm... maybe I did figure out how to do it... Trying a conversion to square pixels with the prores 422 interlaced conversion.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Sep 5, 2011 at 6:40:25 pm

turn on frame controls also for better results.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:38:45 am

Chris turned everything to best in his frame grabs. This will make the transcode take a very long time and is likely unnecessary. Leave Deinterlace set to Fast unless you are changing interlaced to progressive. Set Rate Conversion to Fast unless you are changing the frame rate. You can leave the resize set to Best.

Return to posts index

Howard Bernstein
on Sep 6, 2011 at 9:58:10 pm

OK... I'm getting there (I think). Now I can't figure out how to turn the 29.97 frame rate into 30. I tried setting the duration to 30@29.97, but that didn't seem to do it.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:30:39 am

[Howard Bernstein] "OK... I'm getting there (I think). Now I can't figure out how to turn the 29.97 frame rate into 30. I tried setting the duration to 30@29.97, but that didn't seem to do it.
"

Why are you doing this?

30 is a non standard frame rate. It should be left 29.97 unless you have a very good reason to change it.

(If you do need to, you can use Cinema Tools to instantly conform it..but again, you should only do this in rare instances)

Return to posts index

Howard Bernstein
on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:37:07 am

I converted the mts out of the Panasonic hmc-150 with a trial version of adobe premiere. I don't recall doing anything other than taking the defaults. FCP reports the frame rate for the imported clip as 30fps. I was trying to convert the other clips to these properties so FCP would let me create a multiclip.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 7, 2011 at 3:36:43 am

Yeah. that camera does apparently record at a non-standard rate.

Open it in Cinema Tools, then conform it to 29.97.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]