FORUMS: list search recent posts

apple pro res exporting question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Weinstein
apple pro res exporting question
on Sep 5, 2011 at 1:10:30 am

Hi, so I was wondering, I have a 3hr edit which the majority was shot on the 5D so I have converted to pro ress 422 from H264.... my question is now that i'm exporting for both SD an Blu ray and I want to save time should I reconnect all the footage with the original H264 to save export time..... because I have a lap top usually 1hr of HD takes 20 hours through compressor for me..... now with 3hrs I really don't want to be doing 6 exports!!! any suggestions?

Cheers! :)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: apple pro res exporting question
on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:43:19 am

If you converted to ProRes 422 in 1920 x 1080 then that is all you need to create your final timeline. From that you can make a suitable H264 file for bluray and also an m2v file for SD DVD.

Connecting back to the H264 camera files will create a much bigger headache of rendering, non RT playback, sequences crashing. From there you j=have to render a master H264 file for bluray which will take longer than making the same file from the ProRes422 master and there will be no gain in image quality.

Return to posts index

Laura Weinstein
on Sep 5, 2011 at 3:22:28 am

oh well I was hoping there was a shortcut!

I was wondering....... in compressor when you choose your settings is best quality 150 minutes a lot worse then using best quality 90 minutes. I want to hopefully break the 3hrs into 2 parts instead of 3 parts but if quality will suffer I can't do that.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 5, 2011 at 6:45:39 am

You can use dual layer disks to get the extra length.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]