FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rotating the Canvas in FCP or avoid constant rendering for rotated image?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dillon novak
Rotating the Canvas in FCP or avoid constant rendering for rotated image?
on Sep 4, 2011 at 6:53:44 pm

I just shot a music video which, for purposes of the treatment, we need the footage to be vertical.

We shot sideways for everything at 1920x1080 and everything turned out as planned. Now I would like to cut the footage, but I need to be able to flip the canvas so I can see the footage the way that it will be displayed (as I do not have a external monitor to simply turn on it's side).

This would be the best route for me, as it does not involve any rendering of rotation filters/motion adjustments.

I have searched everywhere and have not found any way to rotate the canvas. So if that is not an option, I would then like to know if there is an effective route to flip the image 90 degrees before taking it into fcp without losing quality or adding bars on the sides to maintain (horizontal) 16:9

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Rotating the Canvas in FCP or avoid constant rendering for rotated image?
on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:57:17 am

I can't think of an easier way than getting an external monitor hooked up. A DVI to composite converter and a cheap flat screen should be possible. Rotating and recompressing all your pictures will lose quality as you will have to crunch down with pillar box sides.

I am unaware of any way to reorient your FCP viewer screen.

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
Re: Rotating the Canvas in FCP or avoid constant rendering for rotated image?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:55:01 pm

But what are you making? Is it a non-standard video format? Are you delivering some kind of portrait video file?
You need to work towards your end product, so tell us what that is...

Neil.

- - - - - - - - -
Neil Ryan
Post Production Protagonist

- - - - - - - - -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]