FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Video Multi-Clip Synching/Editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris Riabov
Music Video Multi-Clip Synching/Editing
on Sep 3, 2011 at 2:35:45 pm

Hello,

I've been browsing here on creative cow and other sites - and I figured I'd post as well to see if anyone has any faster solutions to my dilemma.

I've just shot a music video of over fifty takes of the song in different locations all over New York City - however, not all of the takes are off the entire song - some are chorus, etc.

We did live playback on set but did not slate - and so I'd like to replace the live audio with the studio recording on each clip - and create one timecode for them.

My concern is the timecode for clips that start and stop at various parts of the song. Is there an easier way to sync them all? I was going to set in marks for the first beat of each lyric.

-B.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: Music Video Multi-Clip Synching/Editing
on Sep 3, 2011 at 4:53:25 pm

I would sync the the clips to the parts of the song you do have, use a slug to fill the empty space, and export a reference file for each of your imcomplete takes, that way theyll be the same length as the master and you can multiclip them all together.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Sep 3, 2011 at 7:40:31 pm

Plural Eyes!!!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 4, 2011 at 9:12:40 am

well, my option would be to create playback file with LTC on one channel, play the music to the set, record the LTC on the cam.
This way you get back home with the same TC on all takes, ready for editing.

Plural eyes only works in certain circomstances, music (especially short takes) of course being quite difficult.

Several ways of creating such a file. My Digital Clapperboard can do so, but any tool that can work with sound can do so.

several options to create LTC are available, the cheapest one to record LTC out of any deck. Or, if you don't have one, ask me for a couple of minutes.

No help for the OP i'm afraid, but for future record.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]