FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD printed to DV tape looks horrible, I need this fixed by the end of the day!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebekah Madonia
HD printed to DV tape looks horrible, I need this fixed by the end of the day!
on Sep 2, 2011 at 6:10:41 pm

I have an widescreen/HD MOV that I brought into FCP from AE. Its scrolling text(credits) with some logos and slight animation. It is crystal clear and "perfect" in FCP. Im trying to print this to standard DV(firewire connection) and once printed it looks horrible! I've also tried exporting it uncompressed and bringing it into a standard comp, again when printing, it looks horrible. Its blurry or choppy, just unfocused and there are NO clean lines. I don't want to have to change fonts, sizes and colors as it will totally ruin the look I have with this project, i know there is something tech-y that im missing, there has to be. Please help!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: HD printed to DV tape looks horrible, I need this fixed by the end of the day!
on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:17:36 pm

Go here and read about interlaced roll speeds...

http://www.adamwilt.com/Tidbits.html

You'll need to render that out IN AE as interlaced SD or 16:9 widescreen. DV is of course an interlaced SD format.

Return to posts index

Rebekah Madonia
Re: HD printed to DV tape looks horrible, I need this fixed by the end of the day!
on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:38:36 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I do that? My comp is already 16:9, how to I render it as interlaced SD?

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:49:37 pm

You do realize that you're never gonna get what you want.

You are cramming a high quality program onto a low quality format. Why are you doing this? Why even bother shooting and editing in HD only to output your program to DV.

It's not going to be of quality, no matter what you do.

I'd suggest to find another way to output your program. Ask and see if you can supply a file on disk.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Rebekah Madonia
on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:07:54 pm

Im not so savvy on all the tech stuff but sadly this is the only option I have at this time. Thank you for your advice, it is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:03:10 pm

That's a format. The same format every Hollywood DVD is. Anamorphic widescreen. Anyway, you would either drop your AE comp into a 720x480 widescreen comp and render, or you would make the adjustments in the render cue. The former being my preference. I'm never really sure AE is doing it in the order I would want in the render que.

What is it you're actually trying to achieve? Why are you putting a HD animation into a DV timeline and outputting to tape?

BTW - you called it widescreen/HD. All HD is widescreen. But not all widescreen is HD as we just discussed above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]