FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlace Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommy Martiniere
Interlace Issues
on Sep 2, 2011 at 6:27:31 am

Ok, Here is my dilemma. I am editing for a national satellite tv show. I am having trouble with interlace issues. I am going to attach a link of the video.

The footage was shot with a canon xh-a1 in 60i. I captured the footage in FCS3 with the capture setting HDV and the sequence preset to HDV 1080(60i). I have exported it in everything from 10-bit uncompressed to ProRes, to AJA 10-bit uncompressed. I was at the network today and we worked on it for hours... we figured it was a field dominance issue, but from what we could tell that was correct (Upper). We figure it may be my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT) and still haven't ruled this out, but I would like some advice before buying a new video card. My computer has been running a little slower lately(render) but don't know if this is the reason. I don't notice it on my computer until it is exported.
Thanks for any help.
Tommy

MacPro
Dual Quad Core 3.0
WD Velociraptor 10,000 HD 600gb
3 WD Cavalier Black 7,200 HD 2tb
8Gig Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
30" Cinema
AJA IO HD
4 GTech 2tb Sata
Sata controller
Sony MRU-25

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Interlace Issues
on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:30:53 pm

Your graphics card likely has nothing to do with it. My guess is that there's a mismatch between your sequence settings and the source footage, or in the export settings.

Your system specs list an AJA IO HD. Do you have an HD broadcast monitor capable of displaying interlaced video? Field issues can really only be spotted on monitors that properly display interlaced video. Computer monitors are useless for this.

Return to posts index

Tommy Martiniere
Re: Interlace Issues
on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:45:02 pm

Alan, I do not have an hd monitor. I am pretty sure that the field order is right. I checked in my browser in FCS and the field order is upper and I have kept that all the way through. My sequence settings are all the same as the original footage... HDV 1080(60i). Do you have any suggestions on how I should export the footage? I have tried everything from current format to 10 bit uncompressed. The network needs it in MPG-2 so I take the QT file and use Adobe media encoder to convert it with the settings that the network gave me for media encoder. But I see the issue in the QT file after it is exported... Thanks for your advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]