FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut 7.03 and the error 600 making life really difficult

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Caspersen
Final Cut 7.03 and the error 600 making life really difficult
on Sep 1, 2011 at 6:59:40 pm

Hi guys, just started up a new project consisting of 17 000 HDV and ProRes files.

On my own MacPro, this runs smoothly. But one of my external editors (MacBook Pro, 4 gig ram) constantly gets a freeze, either with the error 600 or just a forever lasting spinning wheel of rainbows... Force quiting or closing from the activity window is not working, only a brute power reebot helps

From what I could tell from all the forums, the problem is either slow hard drives or serial trouble and I´ve tried everything I could think of: Reinstallig FCP, reinstalling FCP with a different serial, changing the disk set with the MacPro, trashing the prefs, divided the project in two, four etc... but nothing.

Any clues? Getting desperate here.

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: Final Cut 7.03 and the error 600 making life really difficult
on Sep 2, 2011 at 10:46:14 pm

A few things to try...

Error-600 means:
procNotFound
No eligible process with specified process serial number.

So, in the in the preferences folder there are preferences that FCP reads to run...if these get corrupted, well.... they cant run. Try trashing FCP preferences and see if that solves the issue. FCP will create new fresh ones to replace them.

From the web site of Larry Jordan:
Preference files get corrupted during normal operations, a crash, force quit, or other natural disaster. There are five rules for trashing preferences:

Only trash preference files when Final Cut Pro is NOT working properly. This is not a maintenance procedure – this ia a repair procedure.
Always quit Final Cut before trashing preferences. It must not be running.
Trash all preference files as a group, they are linked together, don’t trash just one or two
Only trash files, never trash folders
After trashing preference files, always empty the trash.

When preference files get hosed, Final Cut loses a great deal of its stability. To regain it’s equilibrium, do the following:

FCP 7.0x

Go to your Home directory then inside it to: Library > Preferences
Drag com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist to the trash
Scroll down to the Final Cut Pro User Data folder
Drag Final Cut Pro 7.0 Prefs to the trash
Drag Final Cut Pro Obj Cache to the trash
Drag Final Cut Pro Prof Cache to the trash
Empty the trash

Also...Have you tried trans-coding the HDV stuff to ProRes? This would be the proper thing to do especially on such a large project...

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]