FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes GoPro footage messing up timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Hughes
ProRes GoPro footage messing up timeline
on Sep 1, 2011 at 4:45:22 pm

Hi there,

So I've used quicktime to trim down the gopro to the 10 seconds I need, and then throw it into compressor using the Apple ProRes422 codec.

Bring it into Final Cut, and it plays fine, but when I do a speed ramp, or 2 or more filters on it (vignette, and desaturate) it either says "OUT OF MEMORY" or the monitor turns upside down, fuzzy, blue, it gets all messed up.

Any idea why Apple ProRes 422 GoPro footage would be messing up a sequence?

*as well, it's a top of line Mac

*sequence settings match clip settings. All 1920x1080, 29.97, 48KHz, its all good. All the main footage I'm working on (DVCPRO) is brought in at Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), whereas gopro is straight Apple ProRes 422. And field dominance is none, whereas all dvcpro is Upper (odd) Those are the only differences.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: ProRes GoPro footage messing up timeline
on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:29:41 pm

[Allan Hughes] "So I've used quicktime to trim down the gopro to the 10 seconds I need, and then throw it into compressor using the Apple ProRes422 codec.

Bring it into Final Cut, and it plays fine, but when I do a speed ramp, or 2 or more filters on it (vignette, and desaturate) it either says "OUT OF MEMORY" or the monitor turns upside down, fuzzy, blue, it gets all messed up.

Any idea why Apple ProRes 422 GoPro footage would be messing up a sequence?"

That´s might be because GoPro files have no TC and when you convert them with QT, your Prores files still lacking TC.
Convert the clips in FC (won´t crash). The exported prores clips will have a proper TC.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]