FORUMS: list search recent posts

footage dimensions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rand courtney
footage dimensions
on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:19:11 pm

I am working on some promotional teasers for a show that I already edited. I am taking segments of the show from the original edit (which was using cameras with different HD sizes 1920x1080 and 1080x720) and copying them over into new sequences to work with.

The problem is that when I paste them into the new sequences, the size and aspect ratio is all wrong. I tried going to my project settings and making the adjustments but that doesn't seem to help. I am wishing for a button that I can click that is simply, "adjust size to fit sequence" or something like that.

any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
Re: footage dimensions
on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:59:13 pm

Your wish is FCP's command! Final Cut will ask if you want to change sequence settings to match clip settings on your first input.

So if you have a 1080 timeline and a 720 clip, it will ask if you want to change the sequence, when you click yes your sequence will be 720 and all 1080 clips will automatically be resized.

Failing that you should be able to adjust in sequence settings, have a look at what your show's sequence settings are and then match those with your trailer sequence.

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index

rand courtney
on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:53:40 pm

I am sorry but neither of those options worked.

I dont get it because when I pull in 5d footage it looks just fine, if I pull in 720p footage first before anything else it snaps to that format accordingly but if I copy and paste sections of my sequence from my other edit. It stretches out the video.

I try adjusting the sequence settings but that doesn't do any good either.

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:46:45 pm

You did actually use the word paste in your first post, but it's only now when you said copy and paste that I got the problem.

When you copy and paste a mixed bag FCP will encounter problems, if you want to copy and paste then the sequence settings have to be set before you paste in.

Otherwise if you double click on the first clip you want to put into your new sequence from you old, then that should do it.

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index