FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Constantly crashing MPEG failure

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan-David van Luipen
FCP 7 Constantly crashing MPEG failure
on Aug 31, 2011 at 11:34:13 am

Hi all,

I'm runnng fcp 7 on my Snow Leopard Mac pro octo core 2,66GHZ 12GBRAM.
working with 2 plugins, the Boris key plugin and the MXF4Mac importQT.
My sequence settings are PAL IMX 625/50 and I'm working with greenscreen interviews which are XDCAM EX 1080i50 35MB/s VBR. My other video is MXF format.

The problem is, while working in FCP it's constantly crashing.. My crash report says it's the following problem:

(crash support)
This crash log suggests that Final Cut Pro was overloaded at the time of the crash. This can occur if your project is overly complex, has multiple Motion project layers or is using MPEG-based media (HDV, H.264, MPEG-2, XDCAM, AVCHD), particularly if you are using filters with such media. Note that overloading is more likely to be the cause of the crash than the reason below.
MPEG Media
This crash appears to have been caused by MPEG media (or MPEG-derived media such as XDCAM, HDV or H.264) in the timeline. MPEG-based media is not recommended for editing in Final Cut Pro.
Suggested Actions
• Set the codec of your sequence to ProRes in Sequence Settings.
• Alternatively, and for best results, transcode any HDV, MPEG-2, XDCAM, AVCHD, H.264 or other long-GOP media into an editing-friendly format such as ProRes or Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC).
More Information
• To improve the stability of your system, create a less complex "lite" version of your project, export embedded Motion projects as QuickTime movies and if you are using MPEG-based media such as H.264, HDV and XDCAM, set your sequence codec to ProRes or convert the media to the ProRes codec.
Relevant Line
0 com.apple.AppleVADriver 0x87da2f0a AVAGetRendererInfo + 268986

Report generated by Crash Analyzer in Pro Maintenance Tools

I tried to re-install final cut pro and had contact with the manufactorer of the plugin, but nothing seems to solve this promblem.

thanks in advance..

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP 7 Constantly crashing MPEG failure
on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:50:56 pm

Get all your video to a non GOP structured media file... ProRes is the way to get there. No GOP...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP 7 Constantly crashing MPEG failure
on Aug 31, 2011 at 5:19:12 pm

The problem is not about having GOP stuff on your sequence, but on exporting to a GOP codec.
Set your squence codec to Prores.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]