FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Audio for Broadcast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Gough
Multiple Audio for Broadcast
on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:04:28 pm

I have around 500 music videos of Classical music (with large dynamic range) that are all set at different audio levels (ranging from peaks of -18db to -3db).They also seem to have been exported with different settings i.e. I can see some have been exported as discrete channels and some are stereo downmix on the timeline. I know this because I have the project files. I need to get them all to conform to broadcast audio standard as a batch process if possible in Compressor or similar with discrete channels. This has really got me stumped, rendering and exporting each track again individually would take 6 months probably so a batch process seems the only option but if each is different how will that work? Any help will be hugely appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Multiple Audio for Broadcast
on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:12:37 pm

Create a droplet in Compressor that outputs exactly what you need, direct it to output all files to a specific folder, and let 'em rip.

Of course, you'll want to test a few individual files before you batch a large bunch.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Ben Gough
on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:39:44 pm

Thanks for your reply David.

What I've been trying to do on an individual basis is export each file with audio normailzation set to -18dbfs and the gain filter set to -3db with audio settings for export from the timeline set to 48khz, 16 bit and discrete channels. I can't seem to find these settings in compressor? There is an audio filter section that comes up (if not set to pass through) which has dynamic range etc but I don't know what to set these to to get the same output?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 30, 2011 at 10:15:15 pm

I don't think you will be able to batch this process, and certainly won't be able to normalize in Compressor.

You can set any filters you need and copy and paste this information to subsequent clips.

If you need finer control, you can open all the movies in Soundtrack Pro and do the audio work there.

Return to posts index

Ben Gough
on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:47:37 am

Thanks Jeremy. That wasn't what I wanted to hear but at least I won't spend ages trying to get something out of Compressor. Presumably there is no other software that you know of that will analyze the audio and make the adjustments needed as a batch?

Return to posts index

Ben Gough
on Aug 31, 2011 at 12:59:23 pm

Thanks Jeremy. That wasn't what I wanted to hear but at least I won't spend ages trying to get something out of Compressor. Presumably there is no other software that will analyze the audio and export as a batch that you know of?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:56:21 pm

You can make an AppleScript in Soundtrack Pro pretty easily and send a batch from FCP to that script (or drag and drop in Finder).

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter...

Here's just one example:

http://www.rippletraining.com/batch_processing_audio_in_soundtrack_pro.html

I should add here that this script might not be suitable for all of your files. You might need to fine tune.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]