FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Documentary - DVX100 footage versus HD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Editing Documentary - DVX100 footage versus HD
on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:48:03 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am editing right now a documentary, which consists of DVX100B footage (PAL 25p 16:9) and HD footage of a small Prosumer Panasonic 1920*1080 25p.
The footage I have from the HD in an HD timeline, looks great, but when I start integrating the footage into the PAL 25p TL the autmatically adjusted version looks very choppy and blocky.
Is that just because of the preview window, or do I have to downsize everything first in AE?
I am a bit worried, since in the FCP Canvas window the difference in quality of the same footage in the PAL Sequence and in the Native HD Seq is quiet big.

Thanx for any thoughts on this subject!!!

Greetings,

Sascha

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Editing Documentary - DVX100 footage versus HD
on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:05:23 pm

That is because you are adding SD footage to an HD timeline...and it is getting blown up, what, 300%? Of course it won't look sharp. You have to upconvert it by different means if you want it to look halfway decent. Upconvert with a Capture Card (meaning you will need to recapture the footage), or Instant HD from Red Giant, or Compressor....

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:22:44 pm

No, it's the other way around: I ad HD material to an SD timeline.
Still know what it could be?

Sascha

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:33:43 pm

AH! It looks good in HD, but put in SD timeline and it looks like poo, right? Fully rendered?

It might be the screen, but it might be a field order issue...HD and SD have different field orders for interlaced. HD is lower and SD is upper. Might try SHIFT FIELDS filter.

Also might really see what this looks like on an external monitor, because the FCP interfaces aren't meant to show full quality.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:47:11 pm

I hope, it's the FCP Monitoring issue then - cannot check it right now, since I have an external Monitoring system just for the online. Fields it cannot be since the entire footage is shot in 25 Progressive, both SD & HD.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 29, 2011 at 10:46:00 pm

Re you rendering "Everything in High Precision" with "Render Motion Effects: BEST"?
And fully rendered, and Canvas at 100%?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]