FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot Reconnect Offline Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mare Costello
Cannot Reconnect Offline Media
on Aug 28, 2011 at 2:49:02 am

FCP will not let me reconnect my media ? and weird things are happening when I bring in identical fresh clips from the original file. Like I can only make a few edits before it goes offline again.

I'm editing an 82 minute feature and this is only going on in the first 15 min. cheers, Mare

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Cannot Reconnect Offline Media
on Aug 28, 2011 at 10:06:00 am

Do you by any chance have identical clips in the trash?

QT (not FCP!) has a nasty habit to swap out fresh clips for older clips having the same name but live in the trash. (Even if they have totally different content.)
So, emtpty your trash, repair permissions and do the other regular voodoo.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Mare Costello
on Aug 28, 2011 at 5:38:59 pm

Well Bouke,

I woke up today and found a few replies to my concern. After simply taking your suggestions my timeline was in order!!!!

Thank you so much and thank you Creative Cow!!!!

Best,
Mare

ps this is the movie link http://www.syrianatate.com

Return to posts index

Philip Howe
on Aug 28, 2011 at 3:05:10 pm

[Mare Costello] "FCP will not let me reconnect my media"
Pertinent to this issue is which version of FCP are you using?
Version 3-7 (I can't remember in 1 and 2) will and would but FCPX has some strange requirements regarding placement and access to media - reconnecting media is not fully supported.
Also, with versions 3-7 it will behave differently with regard to your set-up in User Prefs (look at how you've chosen to use and access the audio in Dynamic Edits and also in Render Selector) and whether you are reconnecting via the Timeline or the Browser. If you Select All in the Browser and choose Reconnect you will get FCP to fully update ALL links - this resolves a myriad of problems

philip

Return to posts index

Mare Costello
on Aug 28, 2011 at 5:40:40 pm

Thank you Phillip for replying. I took my first suggestion of doing a utility disc repair and all is well and back to normal.

Cheers,
M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]