FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing content in edited sequence with matched timecode?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Arnold
Replacing content in edited sequence with matched timecode?
on Aug 26, 2011 at 11:36:43 pm

I did a double-system shoot and edited together some quick rough cuts using the camera audio. I have now created new clips in Final Cut that have the video merged with the real sound files (by putting In points in both the video and the audio files at the clap and using FCP's Merge Clips function.) These files have timecode that matches the original video files, but I can't figure out an easy way to swap them out. I know how to do copy/paste attributes>content, but this would require me to find and set in points for each instance of each clip, which would be a pain. I can't choose clips and Reconnect Media, because the merged clips don't exist as independent external files. Any ideas how to do this? Is there another approach I can take to bringing in and syncing my audio?

(By the way, Plural eyes won't help. Because of a camera peculiarity (I was shooting with a hacked GH2), the camera audio is off by about 2 frames, so I have to do old fashioned visual sync. Luckily I have good slates!)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]