FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tame the fluro yellow hi vis vest

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith greenfield
Tame the fluro yellow hi vis vest
on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:26:51 pm

Any tips for taming the overpowering influence of hi vis yellow in footage? Did a recent shoot in a workshop area where the interviewee and all us had to wear those yellow vests.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Tame the fluro yellow hi vis vest
on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:40:32 pm

As a colorist, the easiest and best tool for me is the HSL keyer in the secondaries room in Apple Color. Look for a tutorial on that one for proper usage.

You can use the "limit color effect" in FCP 's 3-way Color Corrector. That also requires a tutorial for proper usage.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 25, 2011 at 11:27:56 pm

+1 for HSL keyer in Color.

If you want more advice on Limit effect in FCPs 3 way CC, Rich Harrington did a good tutorial for it a few years ago so yo might have to search for it in his many tutorials. I will see if I can find the link.

Return to posts index

keith greenfield
on Sep 17, 2011 at 8:36:35 am

many thanks, yes it worked..man, not easy though. How I hate those vests. Wether its lurking in the background or the talent is wearing one and creating the most awful skin tone. grrr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]