FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I consolidate all clips in a sequence to a single hard drive? (FCP7) Media Manager failing..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Chavinsky
How do I consolidate all clips in a sequence to a single hard drive? (FCP7) Media Manager failing..
on Aug 25, 2011 at 4:55:11 am

I've made videos for a summer camp that are in 9 sequences. I've nested these sequences in one main sequence and have used media manager to copy these files to an external hard drive with 3 second handles. Several clips are missing in this process.

when I reconnect media, some of them are totally gone, and some are there, but I get a message:

"some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent on them.
The attributes that differed are as follows:
-Media Start and End
-Reel
-Rate

would you like to try to connect them again?"

I press continue, and then connect

another error message:
"The file does not have proper content to reconnect to '43_ex_skate_012' at time 01:02:08:16 in sequence "Extreme Sports". Click "OK" to make this item independent and go to the next clip or "Cancel" to skip all clips from this file"

next error message:
"one or more files did not have enough media to reconnect some clips. Some edited clip items have had their out point adjusted."

doesn't reconnect

Please Help!
Think of the children!!
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How do I consolidate all clips in a sequence to a single hard drive? (FCP7) Media Manager failing..
on Aug 25, 2011 at 5:13:17 am

Make sure that ALL the files have REEL numbers. That's one.

Second...nesting isn't the way to go. It can cause all sorts of issues. COPY and PASTE into new sequences...don't nest.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]