FORUMS: list search recent posts

Length of project longer after export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Foster
Length of project longer after export
on Aug 24, 2011 at 3:13:56 am

I have edited an audio file with time stamped voice recordings (timing on one channel and voice on the other). The voice recordings are only activated when there is voice. Thus, a conversation that was 10 minutes in length would only have about 3 minutes of audio due to silent periods.

What I did was fill in the time with slug to have the conversation play out real time. Now my actual project is very long over a couple of hours (let's say 2 hours). Upon exporting, my two hour sequence suddenly becomes 2 hours and 15 seconds. Why is that?

I want to make it so that the beep from each minute hits each minute as it does in Final Cut. Throwing it in iTunes or Quicktime, it does not beep on the minute. I have done this in the past and have not had a problem this bad. I'm kind of stumped. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Length of project longer after export
on Aug 24, 2011 at 10:58:05 am

In your sequence - hit your "end" key. See where it lands, maybe you have a stranded clip way down the line you forgot about?

Did you try exporting with In and Out points set?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Length of project longer after export
on Aug 24, 2011 at 3:49:49 pm

Is the audio file at 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz? It needs to be 48, preferably an aiff. Mp3's are not allowed.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]