FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending to FCP from Color, most of sequence is black...?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Evans
Sending to FCP from Color, most of sequence is black...?
on Aug 23, 2011 at 9:58:39 pm

Hi there,

This is the first proper work I have done in Color so I could be missing something really simple but here is my problem, hopefully you can help!

I passed my project from Final Cut to Color without a problem and got to work correcting some of the colour and vignette-ing some background bits that needed to go. After I had completed this I rendered all the footage with Color and sent it back to FCP.

Once in FCP however bits of the video play, but most of it is just black screen, it doesn't seem to have a pattern with the majority being black and only parts showing up as they should. The black screen is not limited to starting or finishing when a clip does so but starts and stops randomly throughout the timeline.

The video clips seem to have rendered and exported without problem and I can find these rendered clips in my Color documents.

Anyone any ideas, am I missing a setting somewhere?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Sending to FCP from Color, most of sequence is black...?
on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:00:04 pm

What version of Color. What codec and sequence settings did you send. What file format did you specify for Color to render.

Some basic info is required.

Return to posts index

Dylan Evans
on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:19:42 pm

Hi There,

FCP7.0.3, Color 1.5.3

All footage was transcoded before the start of the project into Apple Pro Res 422 1280x720 25fps

Color was set to render to quicktime and the export codecs to Original Format.

The frame rate in Color is 24fps despite the FCP seq being 25fps

Just been playing about and if I re-send the project with the issue to Color the problem is not there in Color itself. Also this new import has the correct fram rate of 25.

I'm just trying to export this re-import now to see if the problem remains, really just playing with buttons however.

edit: the result of that was that after sending the footage back to Final Cut I now have an even more messed up time line with little segments of video left on it, rather than it all looking like it is there but the video being black.

Return to posts index

Dylan Evans
on Aug 24, 2011 at 6:30:43 pm

Anyone any ideas? stumped!

Return to posts index

Jonan Grobler
on Aug 25, 2011 at 7:16:51 am

Hey man, I had a similar problem recently, was on a deadline, messed with codecs and framerates till I was blue in the face... till eventually, I changed the Internal Pixel Format (under User Prefs) from Floating Point to 10-bit. Anything over that, and the footage was messed up, with random blocks of green and black all over. I don't have a clue why this should be; my iMac's always handled floating point up till now. Was a pretty huge project though.

Give that a shot - maybe it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]