FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD Glitch in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Mckendree
AVCHD Glitch in FCP
on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:55:15 pm

I'm sure this has probably come up in another thread so if I could be redirected or pointed in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I've read a lot and I just haven't been able to find a fix yet. I'm having a problem logging and capturing HVCHD footage from my GH2 to FCP(intelMac). Before I attempt logging capturing footage, I moved ALL files from the SD card to an external HD(firewire 800) in a folder I could easily find, once I start the log and capture process it takes a few seconds for FCP to notice the footage, once It does and I attempt to capture all, it usually starts off well enough but then some of the files after a transcoding attempt will appear to have an exclamation point inside of stop sign. Those files never make it in the bin. I'll close FCP and try again with different results. Sometimes it captures sometimes it doesn't. The real problem starts when editing. I'll edit for hours and save only to comeback reopen and not only find files missing(even though capture scratch hasn't changed and I've reconnected all files) but after I reconnect, some of the clips have now become duplicates of another clip and the clip numbers no longer match, or the in and out points have been lost and all clips on the timeline now don't match there in and out points I set before dragging them on to the timeline and the entire edit turns a mess.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: AVCHD Glitch in FCP
on Aug 24, 2011 at 4:07:49 pm

What version of FCP are you running exactly? 7.0.3 or?
How is your scratch disk formatted? Mac OS extended? or?

When you copied the files from your recording device, did you simply drag and drop all folders, maintaining their file structure? Let's hope so...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]