FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Carmel
Twixtor?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 1:22:07 am

Ok so I'm making a longboarding edit using Twixtor Pro in Final Cut and I filmed it with my T2i at 60fps. The tutorials that I watched told me to bring the clip that I wanted to slow mo into a new sequence and when I do that it changes the video to 30fps and when I add twixtor it gets choppy because Final Cut changed the fps. Any ideas how to get around that or a different way? I tried exporting the clip and re importing it but now its taking 40+ minutes to render. I really need to get this edit finished soon so don't be afraid to post any ideas to so I can get back to editing.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Sean Cole
Re: Twixtor?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:40:04 pm

Hi John,

The Twixtor in FCP workflow is as follows.

• First create a sequence (Which we will call SloMoClipSeq from now on) and make its settings identical to the Master Sequence.
  • Next add your clip to be slomo'd to the SloMoClipSeq. If it asks to change the seq settings say No.
  • Then add a Slug after the clip with the same duration. If you are going to slo by 50% add 1 of these slugs. If 25% add 3 of them, etc.
  • Back in your Master Seq, add the new SloMoClipSeq to the timeline.
  • With the SloMoClipSeq clip selected add the Twixtor effect and adjust its settings accordingly

• That's it in simple terms as I remember. Hope it helps.

Sean
    Pi Digital

Return to posts index

John Carmel
    on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:48:13 pm

First off how do you change the settings to make it identical, and second is there a video tutorial that you like since I am more of a visual learner, but thanks

Return to posts index

Sean Cole
    on Aug 22, 2011 at 4:07:22 pm

Hi John,
    Goto your Master Seq and use Cmd-0 (zero) to bring up the seq settings. Make a note of the compressor, the frame rate, and so on.
    No jump to your SloMoClipSeq and do Cmd-0 again. Provided there are no clips in it you will be able to adjust its frame rate. You can also adjust it's codec at any time.
    I will do a search for a video. I've not needed them myself as Twixtor has always been simple enough to understand from it's included documentation.

Sean
    Pi Digital

Return to posts index

John Carmel
    on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:01:37 pm

Does it matter that I have Final cut express and not Pro? because when I do cmd 0 it brings up the settings but what you say isn't there

Return to posts index

John Carmel
    on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:20:28 pm

Bump..still haven't figured this out

Return to posts index

Matt Mills
    on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:07:51 pm

John, I'm having the same problem, also in Final Cut Express. Whenever I apply Twixtor, my footage becomes very jerky, and oftentimes will have a lot of smearing, even though I filmed it against a simple background with no other motion.

So...I don't have an answer for you. But I thought I'd bump this post up a bit so hopefully someone who DOES have an answer will see it.

(Just to note, I followed that exact workflow suggested by Sean above, and my footage still looks terrible. Not sure what I'm doing wrong).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]