FORUMS: list search recent posts

anyone has experience using FCP's EDL to conform PT session via Virtual Katy

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
anyone has experience using FCP's EDL to conform PT session via Virtual Katy
on Aug 22, 2011 at 12:51:44 am

I usually do my Protools conform manually but with my current gig, there are to many picture changes. I'm interested in purchasing Virtual Katy and would like to find out if anyone has used it to conform PT session using EDL from FCP. Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: anyone has experience using FCP's EDL to conform PT session via Virtual Katy
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:10:51 am

I use Editrace to do the same thing. It is an online service and they charge per EDL comparison. Their software is excellent and it works with FCP EDLs. I usually just do a trace on the video track.

If you are doing a lot then it might be worth buying Virtual Katy. If it is just an occasional thing then Editrace is very handy. I just pass the cost on to the client.

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
Re: anyone has experience using FCP's EDL to conform PT session via Virtual Katy
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:36:46 am

Hey Micheal,

Thanks for the suggestion, i will check it out. Do you send an EDL of your sequence or XML ??

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:16:42 am

Editrace compares two EDLs and makes a new EDL of the changes showing blocks from the first cut in the new EDL.

I use Fairlight so Virtual Katy doesn't auto conform for me. Mostly I am reconforming versions of a final project so I need to manually copy blocks of tracks and automation. Auto conforming from the new EDL often makes a mess so I prefer to do it manually.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]