FORUMS: list search recent posts

"No Data" Error in Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Eldred
"No Data" Error in Log and Transfer
on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:24:34 am

I've checked out several posts here, but not getting anything helpful. I have .mxf files on my Lacie external (firewire 800) that I'm trying to L&T with no luck. The transfer begins (after naming files) and stops before giving me the red exclamation mark.

I'm new to FCP, so I'm hoping someone has solved this issue before on a MacBook Pro. The files were transferred onto this external in their entirety.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: "No Data" Error in Log and Transfer
on Aug 21, 2011 at 3:52:31 pm

On those clips that have no data, can you scrub them in the log and transfer window?

Have you tried using a shorter/more simple clip name?

Return to posts index

Mike Eldred
on Aug 21, 2011 at 5:38:20 pm

No...not able to scrub them in the L&T window.

Yes, I have tried the shorter names as well.

At this point I've tried everything that I can think of, and have researched to try. The problem must be simple, and most likely in the settings somewhere.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 21, 2011 at 6:03:54 pm

Actually, those are probably deleted clips.

I assume this is p2 material?

When a clip is deleted in camera, it leaves behind the thumbnail and metadata file. But deletes the audio and video.

The log and transfer plugin uses the thumbnail and metadata, but it then can't use the clip ad there's quite literally "no data".

If you reset the name on that clip to reflect the p2 nomenclature (0001xy or whatever) go into the CONTENTS folder and check the CLIPS and ICON folder, I bet the corresponding files are there 0001xy.bmp and 0001xy.XML. If you go into the AUDIO and VIDEO files, the corresponding media will not be there 0001xy00.MXF-0001xy03.MXF or 0001xy.MXF.

Return to posts index

Mike Eldred
on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:46:32 pm

OK. No luck with resetting names. Thanks for your help tho Jeremy. Much appreciated.

Here's the exact path for anyone who might have insight:

P2 raw files transferred to an external HD (Verbatim)
Verbatim plugged into Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5,
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Open Final Cut Pro, open new project, save as, log and transfer. Pull in main folder from Verbatim (USB) and get individual files in window.

Rename files, smaller clips, larger clips, smaller names, same names, and all variations thereof and add to cue. Clips begin to process, wheel turning, then stop with an "idle cue" message above.

Go to add new clip and the "wheel" turns to a red exclamation mark stating "no data" error message. No luck.

Buy a new external HD (Lacie) with firewire 800 and begin again. Same problem. No difference.

Friend sends additional external HD (My Passport USB) with new files from same camera and I plug in directly via usb. No luck with log and transfer.

I then transfer that main folder to my Lacie (Firewire 800) and try to L&T again. No luck.

I am at a loss.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:58:11 pm

I think you might be misunderstanding me, let me try and simplify.

Those clips were deleted in camera from the menu.

There are little parts that are left over that FCP can read. In actuality, the video and audio clips are not there.

For example, give me the clip name of a clip that has "no data" from one of your cards.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rene Cloutier
on Dec 21, 2011 at 7:34:28 pm

For what it is worth, I solved my "no data" error problem by changing the location of my scratch disk from a drive on a secondary computer connected to my main computer to a local internal drive on my main computer.
Everything has been working as advertised as of that moment.

Return to posts index

Antonia deB
on Jul 5, 2012 at 3:42:31 am

Thank you. This fixed my problem!!!

Return to posts index

howard libov
on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:25:34 pm

No Data issue:

In my case, I have the clips, fully available to scrub through, in my event (project). But, the folder their in doesn't show up as named - rather, it reads "No Data."

Any ideas?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jan Carlo Arcillas
on Jun 24, 2013 at 4:03:59 pm

I also have the same problem. I tried looking for a solution everywhere sadly I do not know why this is doing this to my data clips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]