FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing betweens frames?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Freddie Hill
Editing betweens frames?
on Aug 19, 2011 at 6:45:03 pm

Does anyone know if Final Cut Pro, or any other video editing software can edit a video track closer than a frame?

As in make a cut at an audio sample between frames and it cuts the frame and leaves black one side and has the other portion of the frame at the other?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Editing betweens frames?
on Aug 19, 2011 at 7:20:44 pm

What exactly are you trying to do?

There are no more frames than what was recorded.

You can adjust audio levels at a subframe level, but you cannot have less then one frame of audio and video on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Aug 19, 2011 at 8:37:08 pm

In a vision stream, the frame is the equivalent of a sample in an audio feed, so the question "can I cut somewhere within a frame" is exactly the same as "can I cut part of the way through an audio sample". The answer is no, you can only cut from one whole sample to another whole sample.

On a slight tangent, you used to be able to cut on the wrong field with some decks/vision mixers, but TBH that ability to shift a cut by half a frame didn't make any great difference to the edit and was likely to give you problems later.

Return to posts index

Joe Bell
on May 23, 2012 at 8:43:36 am

Hi, in old school FCP you could set the sequence frame rate to be something other than your source material e.g. you have 25fps XDCAM footage and you can set the sequence to be 50fps XDCAM. Not sure what the effect on the integrity of your export will be, but you could do some tests. I seem to recall it actually worked fine for me, but it was a long time ago for a specific task.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]