FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining pictures

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zeke meginsky
Combining pictures
on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:44:46 pm

There's this narration I have to deal with where it's about immigrant workers and then mills they worked in, all in a few words. So there's not a lot of time to work with.

I have two pictures, one is a great picture of the red brick mill, and the other is a lower quality close up of some workers inside, sideways, from the chest up. How should I use these in such a short time? Any suggestions? I have After Effects, FCP, and Photoshop..

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Combining pictures
on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:10:57 pm

Show the pictures here.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:13:08 pm

In FCP you can simply create a split screen effect with both images up simultaneously. Simply scale and reposition the clips in the Motion Tab until they are nicely composed, with one on V1 and one one on V2. That's your end position.

Then decide if both come on at the same time, or at different times, and adjust the start of each accordingly.

BTW, you can use the Crop parameters in the Motion Tab to customize one or both of the clips. It's nice to keep one horizontal 4x3 and crop the other, if possible, to a more vertical 3x4. Watch the movie American Graffiti for ideas, as Lucas used split screen extensively in the film.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

zeke meginsky
on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:18:49 pm

That sounds like a great idea, I'll try that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]