FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP I/O Express Playout with 8 tracks of Audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Wong
FCP I/O Express Playout with 8 tracks of Audio
on Aug 18, 2011 at 5:35:47 pm

Have a file that needs to be laid out with 8 tracks of audio intact. aja vtr software is bugging out, and there's a audio drift (anybody knows why please chime in)

but the qt is in sync, and plays in FCP in sync. We can play out of FCP but it only outputs a stereo track. anybody know how i can playout from FCP keep all 8 individual audio tracks?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP I/O Express Playout with 8 tracks of Audio
on Aug 18, 2011 at 6:12:26 pm

[Thomas Wong] "We can play out of FCP but it only outputs a stereo track. anybody know how i can playout from FCP keep all 8 individual audio tracks?"

What are you laying off to? Is this an HDSDI connection?

If so, you have to setup the FCP timeline for individual audio outputs, then assign each track to an outpoint.

First, dupe your sequence, then open the dupe and hit command-0 to being up the prefs. Click on the audio outputs tab and change the outputs from 2 to 8 dual mono and hit OK.

Back in your sequence, you need to assign the output of each track. An easy way to do this is to open the audio mixer and right click on the name of each track ("A1" for example) and choose which output you want that track to go to. you will need to do that for all tracks present in your timeline.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]