FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linear blurry/wobbly lines on Export..!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Hill
Linear blurry/wobbly lines on Export..!!!
on Aug 14, 2011 at 8:58:56 pm

It's probably something simple but I have tried everything I can think of here. Basically in fcp I have built my video, it plays back well, each individual clip when exported looks correct and plays correctly. However when I'm exporting the whole thing through quicktime (both standard and conversion) the clips where I have applied filters like the smoothcam are screwing up and going all blurry/wobbly..???

I have tried reimporting the clips, de-interlacing each one, applied flicker filters with de-interlacing. No joy.

The problem started when I accidently imported footage at 30fps into the timeline. I have since restored the project to before I did this, conformed the footage and re imported it. All look fine in playback in fcp but screws up when exported..?

Need help on this one, I can only imagine something changed when I imported the footage at a different frame rate that has to be reset.. not sure really need help with this one.

Alex

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Linear blurry/wobbly lines on Export..!!!
on Aug 14, 2011 at 11:52:31 pm

One trick might be to copy paste the smoothcam filter shots into a new sequence and then make short quicktime movies (current settings) to bring back into the original sequence. By baking in the smoothcam it should then export.

If you are using FCP 7 then smoothcam only applies to the length of shot in the edit. If it is FCP 6 then smoothcam should be applied after baking in the shots + handles.

Return to posts index

Alex Hill
on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:42:36 pm

Thanks Michael

Very handy gem of info there thanks.. worked a treat but still don't understand why it was happening in the first place!

Great stuff

A

Why did the cow go to film school?

He wanted to make a MoOoOovie.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Aug 15, 2011 at 12:03:30 pm

Keep in mind that smoothcam, while doing a pretty darn good job most of the time, can make your footage look like it's "blurry/wobbly" sometimes. Especially if the original clips had a lot of movement in them. The blur comes from blowing the frame as it zooms in to fill the frame after it fixes things and the warble comes from the optical flow stabilization. As was said, if your using FCP6, you should keep a "workspace" timeline open and create new clips (with extra space for handles) that are the length you'll need so that you can export and bring em back in BEFORE you apply smoothcam so that it's only analyzing exactly tahat media.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]