FORUMS: list search recent posts

If I have a clip lacking audio, how can I easily reconnect audio?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
If I have a clip lacking audio, how can I easily reconnect audio?
on Aug 14, 2011 at 6:44:45 pm

Sometimes, after slicing and dicing in FCP, I realize I have a clip without audio in the timeline. Now, if this was also a clip in the browser, I could just Shift+F and reinsert. But sometimes, I took the original clip and messed around a lot with the ins and outs. So, if I shift+F, i'm going to be brought to something else.

Is there a simple way to call up the clip I have in the browser and get the audio there so I can reinsert or maybe just put the audio in the timeline? This is driving me crazy!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: If I have a clip lacking audio, how can I easily reconnect audio?
on Aug 14, 2011 at 7:01:06 pm

You likely didn't loose the connection to the browser clip by changing it's in's and outs a bunch, but that said, you can match frame the "Source file" from the view menu and get the clip back temporally in the Viewer to edit in the audio from it.

But best to figure out what you're doing so you stay affiliated with the Browser clips. There are commands to unaffiliated them for sure.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Miriam Lefkowitz
Re: If I have a clip lacking audio, how can I easily reconnect audio?
on Aug 14, 2011 at 9:10:36 pm

When I have a video only clip from a larger media source and I want the audio quickly, I'll double-click the video clip so I can see in the Viewer, then click the original media so it appears in the Viewer, mark an approx. in & out, then drag it down to an audio timeline track & move into sync. Kind of hacky but it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]