FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: HD Auto Factory (Running) footage Sources

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Caplan
OT: HD Auto Factory (Running) footage Sources
on Aug 13, 2011 at 11:05:38 pm

I asked this question 2 years ago with no responses, I figured I'd try again.

I do local auto spots and use local factory (running) footage provided by the manufacturers. I do spots for roughly 2/3 of all the makes, although primarily just a few (Chevy, Honda, Kia, BMW, Toyota) Normally, the dealership just throws me a stack of SP tapes, but I'd really like to go HD, and I'm trying to find out if any of you have any input on where to get HD running footage. I understand I could work this through the dealer, although I'd like to have a suggestion before I go making their life more difficult...

In the past, I've seen that some have offered HD Cam, but seems pretty odd in this day & age.. Have any of you noticed alternate ways of getting footage? Drives? Blu ray data discs? I can always beg/borrow/rent HD cam deck if I need to, but seems like there should be a better way...

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: OT: HD Auto Factory (Running) footage Sources
on Aug 13, 2011 at 11:29:28 pm

HDCam odd? Why? That's a standard high def tape format. Still employed today rather often. It's not odd.

Many stack footage places like Corbis or Getty or Artbeats offer Photo JPEG and downloadable QT formats. Those formats are pretty good

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cory Caplan
on Aug 15, 2011 at 4:31:50 am

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I guess this isn't "known" among as many people as I thought. It's not 'stock' per se-- It's footage of the entire line of cars and depending ont the manufacturer, can be from 45 minutes to 3 hours worth of total footage. Each car in each configuration, sometimes in several different environments.. "City" "Snow" "Woods" "Mountains" depending on the make and year... They do it every year in august.

I just threw 'HD Cam' out there.. subsequently I found one manufacturer's post house (usually this is arranged through a post house somewhere) who is now offerring it in SP, Digi, D5, D5 HD, and Prores (yea!?) except for the fact that the SP tape is $90/each for a dub and the prores dub of the same thing is $450! Good lord. I'm sure my dealership isn't going to foot that bill..

Return to posts index

Rebecca White
on Oct 26, 2011 at 2:39:38 pm

I can tell you I'm in the same boat..I shoot HDV and don't have an HD deck. When I inquired to the different manufacturers, the results were staggering. I could get the Chevy and Cadillac full line-up but would need them to send me a drive without the files. $1,350....EACH. Subaru, Nissan, Infiniti did not have any HD running footage available. It seems the manufacturers are not keeping pace with the demand. Airing SD commercials on HD channels has been a recurring problem recently. We are getting hit from both sides of the equation, the sales reps and the clients, asking why we simply don't produce in HD. It's not that simple, or cheap.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]