FORUMS: list search recent posts

Neat Video Render files transfer?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
Neat Video Render files transfer?
on Aug 12, 2011 at 11:07:25 pm

Hello

I am just using NeatVideo on a feature for the first time and I am curious if i need to pass this drive off to someone else will all of my render files for those filtered shots reconnect if include them on the drive or would that new system for online have to re-render those shots? I will of course include the plugin for the pother station to have just for this if need be but i want to avoid the hours of rendering i have already done on my 8-core macpro as they will just be adding gfx and final mix for output.

I am new to NeatVideo but finding the pro version for fcp to be great on my Color grades with dslr noise!

Any tutorials or advice on best practices for fcp and or AE? I see the cow has a tutorial but seems to be for AE on a pc only - maybe the UI is exactly the same when you click options so does not matter??

thank you
andrew

MacPro 4,1 OSX 10.6.8 / FCS3 / CS5
2.26 ghz 8-core / 24GB RAM
Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Neat Video Render files transfer?
on Aug 13, 2011 at 12:51:56 am

Hi Andrew,
Unless you give them the render files, everything will need to be rendered again.
NetVideo is very slow, but really worth the time.
I work on Mac, but PC version should works the same.
What you need is always good monitoring.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Rob Tinworth
Re: Neat Video Render files transfer?
on Aug 13, 2011 at 3:11:20 pm

I don't trust FCP to manage render files correctly. I would bounce the renders back into your timeline:

Rob's favourite FCP tip - Render Bounce

1. At the finder level, locate the render folder for the project you're working on (it's on your scratch disk in 'Render files') and drag the folder to the sidebar. This creates a quick shortcut to your render folder.
2. Render a file in the timeline.
3. Click on your render folder shortcut and arrange by 'Date Modified'
4. The file FCP has created for your render is at the top of the list, named something like 'YourProjectName-FIN-000000c3'
5. Drag the clip from the finder window directly into your timeline and drop it on the track above the clip you rendered.
6. Optional - Label the clip red (or whatever colour, I'd create a keyboard shortcut for this). This allows you to keep track of what clips in your timeline are renders. If you're working on an offline project, you'll want to delete these ahead of the online. Make sure that any further effects you add to the render clip are copied onto the clip below.

What you've done is forced FCP to consider the render file as a media file no different from your rushes. This means that FCP won't delete it, and what's more, if you do a dissolve to a clip on V3, you don't now have to re-render the clip to see the dissolve - it'll happen in realtime.

If it's a quick render, it's not worth doing. But if you've got a particularly heavy composite, or a filter that takes a while, this can be a time-saver.

Rob Tinworth
http://www.1021.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]