FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture of IPAD through Blackmagic Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Sutter
Capture of IPAD through Blackmagic Problems
on Aug 11, 2011 at 8:45:41 pm

So i am doing a live capture of the screen from an ipad through HDMI into my blackmagic multibridge for use in final cut. My problem is that i know that the ipad outputs 1280x720 60fps through the hdmi and it pretty much edgecrops the image into the 1280x720 frame. but for some reason the image isnt filled correctly at the top and bottom. it seems like the image is scaled down about 19%. the reason i can tell is because when i plug it into a scan converter (image pro) or a tv through hdmi it fills the screen top to bottom.

has anybody run across this? i have my capture settings setup correct from what i can tell and ive tried changing those a multitude of times and nothing worked.

capture settings:

1280x720 60fps
aspect ratio: square
codec: apple prores HQ
filed dominance: none

thanks for any insight.

Return to posts index

Scott McGregor
Re: Capture of IPAD through Blackmagic Problems
on Nov 24, 2012 at 11:59:06 pm

Hi Scott,
I came across your question about ipad capture via HDMI. I see it was over a year ago. did you work it out. Maybe you can help me. I am using Black Magic Intensity card. Using both the BM software or Adobe Premiere CS5 they both drop frames and stop capture after about one second. Video captures fine, apps seems to be the problem. Any ideas? I do have an old FCP Express HD software I have rarely used. That shouldn't be the problem though I don't think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved