FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor quality graphics from a motion file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Mitchell
Poor quality graphics from a motion file
on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:37:49 pm

Hello,

I've been tasked with producing some graphical animations in DIVX format.

So I create a sequence in Apple Motion -custom preset (720x463) square pixel.

Create my animation, which is very crisp clean.

Now I import the project into FCP as I need to export it as a divx. So I create a sequence (720x463) Square pixel no field dominance and it doesn't seem to matter what compressor i use, be it H.264 or ProRes, the quality of the animation looks poor, with jagged edges to the text instead of crisp, smooth lines.

Video processing is set to Motion Filtering Quality 'Best'
Render Control Quality 'Best'

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Tom

Video Editor/Graphics
http://www.vividphotovisual.com

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Poor quality graphics from a motion file
on Aug 10, 2011 at 2:55:23 pm

[Thomas Mitchell] "Now I import the project into FCP as I need to export it as a divx."

Why do you need to import the file into FCP at all? Why not use Compressor, or even Quicktime Pro? There's no need to use FCP, as you're not editing the source clip, only encoding it.

Return to posts index

Jose Fuentes
on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:18:30 pm

Hello,
I have the same question, but, can somebody answer the question with an answer and not with 3 more questions. Thanks for helping us, the ones that does not know much...

Return to posts index

Thomas Mitchell
on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:33:20 pm

Thank-you,

I can export it using Quicktime.

I do still have to problem of graphics looking great in Apple Motion but poor in FCP, I don't know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Video Editor/Graphics
http://www.vividphotovisual.com

Return to posts index

Jose Fuentes
on Aug 10, 2011 at 4:57:21 pm

I was working on a non-professional project for this client last night with motion and noticed that when working with HD footage I don't have that problem on FCP, but when working with SD I have the same issue. Thanks for bringing that up my friend, I hope somebody give us the tools to solve this. I like my videos to look as pro as possible and don't like that final result after exporting...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 10, 2011 at 5:07:24 pm

If you render using a lossy codec like H.264 in Motion, it will only get worse when you encode to divx (ugh).
Make a ProRes 422 file in Motion.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 10, 2011 at 5:03:54 pm

[Jose Fuentes] "can somebody answer the question with an answer and not with 3 more questions. "

Okay:

You don't need to import the file into FCP. You can use Compressor or even Quicktime Pro. There's no need to use FCP, as you're not editing the source clip, only encoding it.

Feel better now?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jose Fuentes
on Aug 10, 2011 at 5:41:47 pm

Yes, I feel better, is there any tip on compression setting that you recommend to have the best result exporting the sequence... Sorry for the last post, it's just that I'm kind of new and there's a lot of things that I don't know and I'd like to learn from the pros. There is some people around that kind of humiliate or use sarcasm to answer what they consider stupid questions

Thanks again...

Return to posts index

Jose Fuentes
on Aug 10, 2011 at 6:22:15 pm

Another question,
I was editing a video on FCP and of course, I made my graphics on motion, after finishing the sequence on motion I need to import it to FCP and there is where the problem comes, do I have to use compressor then import it to FCP to finish my project or there is a way to have the sequence exported from motion without the degradation of graphics quality?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]