FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound distorting in Sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria-Luisa Meredith
Sound distorting in Sequence
on Aug 9, 2011 at 10:32:12 pm

Hi

I have a problem which has left me scratching my head. I have a sequence open (1080i50), audio all sounds great but when I've exported to QT the audio for one (not both of the contributors, it's an interview) loses volume and sounds tinny.

The audio in the original sequence I created sounds fine but subsequent copies of the clip to other sequences again sound tinny etc. What's going on?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.4 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Sound distorting in Sequence
on Aug 10, 2011 at 1:02:09 am

Post each "contributor's' clip's properties. What format are the clips and what are the sequence's settings?

What format are you exporting your QT's to?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Maria-Luisa Meredith
on Aug 10, 2011 at 7:00:41 am

Thanks for your response, please find requested settings attached. Both settings are identical for clip and sequence with good sound and bad sound.

SEQUENCE SETTINGS

CLIP SETTINGS

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 10, 2011 at 8:08:42 am

My guess is there is a phase cancelation happening. In FCP you are hearing the interview with the two channels probably panned Left/ right. When you make the quicktime you are hearing the two channels mixed.

Go to the interviews in FCP and try panning both channels to the center. You should hear the phase cancelling. Try muting or deleting one channel and see if that foxes the problem.

Return to posts index

Maria-Luisa Meredith
on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:30:47 am

I'll give it a go, thanks.

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]