FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP movie project looses color and definition when processed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Gulledge
FCP movie project looses color and definition when processed
on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:46:41 pm

We have finished a children's movie in FCP. We have used FCP to edit movies before with the only difference being our use of filters this time. Everything looks beautiful. Make a quicktime movie and everything looks beautiful. Run it through MPEG and it still looks great. Take it to be mastered and end result is a blurry washed out mess. They indicate it is a result of something we did wrong.

So my question is:
If I set up my sequence correctly, put filters in right order, have everything looking great in FCP timeline...what would make it blur, loose definition and drop color level down to pale? I used several filters on each clip but again, it looks great until we compress it.

Just a small company here and it is obvious I am so not a FCP pro so would greatly appreciate help. Any useful advice? Any questions to further help me understand this mystery? Any things I might check to figure out how to get this project done. Point me in any direction. We have been working on this for so long and the end result is a huge disappointment. We even made a iDVD movie just to see if it could be done. It looked clear in that format but still lost some color.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP movie project looses color and definition when processed
on Aug 8, 2011 at 2:04:54 pm

Try exporting a QT movie which is self contained. Open that in Compressor for the MPEG compression, and burn that to a disk.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Dan Lazenby
Re: FCP movie project looses color and definition when processed
on Aug 8, 2011 at 3:08:44 pm

Agree with Jerry, give it a shot. What are your sequence/ clip settings? How are you mastering?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]